Required from 1st September 2022
The Board of Directors, in partnership with the Archdiocese of Birmingham and the Local Governing Body are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher who can support the Headteacher in leading the school to the next stage of its exciting journey. The successful candidate will be full time with a part time teaching commitment.
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School prides itself on our strong team ethos and our exciting immersive curriculum. We are a one-form entry primary school in the Nechells area of Birmingham.
The successful candidate will, not only be part of the St Joseph’s family, but will also have supportive and inspiring colleagues across the St Teresa of Calcutta MAC and the Caritas Christi in Urbe group of schools, as well as access to a range of CPD and career development opportunities.
We are seeking a Deputy Headteacher who:
· Is a practising Catholic, committed to the ethos and vision of Catholic Education and can further nurture the faith and spirituality of our school.
· Is an outstanding class teacher, passionate in developing high standards and striving for excellence.
· Has excellence communication and interpersonal skills.
· Has the ability to lead, motivate and inspire staff and children to achieve the highest standards.
· Has experience of strategic planning and leadership.
St Joseph’s is a thriving Catholic Community. We will offer you:
• A school that is committed to improvement.
• A warm and friendly environment.
• A dedicated team of supportive and friendly staff, who have high expectations of themselves and each other.
• Enthusiastic and well-motivated children who enjoy learning.
• A commitment to your professional development.
• The support of parents within a thriving multi-cultural community.
Visit to the school prior to submitting an application are warmly invited and encouraged. Please call the school to arrange this. Visits are encouraged for week beginning the 28th February 2022
Closing date: 09:00am – Monday 14th March 2022
Shortlisting: Tuesday 15th March 2022
Please note references will also be applied for after shortlisting takes place
Shortlisted Candidates will be noticed by 18th March 2022
Interview Dates: Thursday 24th March and Friday 25th March 202
Further details are available by emailing email@example.com
Application forms and supplementary documents are available to download from https://saintteresaofcalcutta.org.uk/recruitment/ Only CES application forms will be accepted. All sections of the CES application form and relevant supplementary documents must be completed.
Application forms should be returned to the Chair of Panel via the school: Mrs M. Higgins firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment to the above post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Our school Child protection and safeguarding policy can be found at: https://www.stjosb7.bham.sch.uk/pdfs/policy-safeguarding.pdf